10 Things to do to Sell Your Home Fast and for Top Dollar
If you’re wanting to sell your Metro Phoenix home quickly and for the most money, and most people do, it is vital that the first impression be a powerful and positive one. So here are 10 things to do to sell your Phoenix area home that will help you make a great first impression so you can sell your home quickly and for the most money.
- Clean, declutter and depersonalize – The more your home looks like a model home the better off you’ll be. The goal here is to help prospective buyers imagine themselves living in your home and that’s difficult if you’ve got family photos everywhere, your home is overstuffed with “stuff” or it’s not as clean as possible. Which room below do you think gives the best first impression? A or B?
- Stage – If you’ve got some odd rooms, ones that don’t convey a purpose, give them one. You don’t want buyers thinking they’ve got a bunch of wasted space they can’t use.
- Enhance your home’s curb appeal – Buyer’s form an opinion as soon as they spot the house and you want that opinion to be a good one. So you may need to plant some flowers, paint the front door, or change out the mailbox.
- Price it correctly – You want to communicate to buyers that you’re home is a good value. Unfortunately most sellers think they should start the asking price high and then lower it if it doesn’t sell. This is an understandable strategy but it actually encourages buyers and agents to stay away because they think you’re not serious about selling your home. Check out the pricing pyramid below:
- Update the interior and exterior. – Doing small things like a fresh coat of paint, changing out door hardware, updating the landscaping will make your home look up to current styles and that’s what you want. Here are some Inviting Home Exterior Color Palettes ideas.
- Make the home easy to show – The more accessible your home is to view the better off you’ll be. Also, leave the house when it’s being shown. You want buyers to feel free to move around, discuss the house openly so they don’t feel like intruders. Buying a home is an emotional purchase and you want them to connect with the house on an emotional level.
- Remove Pets – Prospective buyers shouldn’t know that you have pets if you can help it.
- Make sure that your home is on all major online portals and in social media.
- Make sure that there are lots of good professionally taken photos – Most buyers, 97% of them, start their home search on the internet and they decide which homes they want to see based on photos. People skip right past homes with bad photos.
- Share information about the neighborhood and surrounding area – Make sure to market the lifestyle as well as the home. So include photos and information about schools, recreation, dining, and shopping.
We had multiple clients this year sell their Phoenix area homes quickly, with multiple competing offers and at their highest value when they followed these 10 Things to do to Sell Your Home Fast and for Top Dollar. We would love the opportunity to help you sell your home when you are ready. Please give us a call at 602.620.6267 or fill out the form below: