hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family! The holidays are a great time around Phoenix with a wide variety of activities and events taking place. Now, buying a home may be the last thing on your mind with the hustle and bustle of the season, but this time of year can actually be one of the best times to buy a Phoenix home.
Many people jump into the Phoenix real estate market because of the unique architecture and vibrant communities that surround Phoenix. From 1920’s Pueblo style homes in Arcadia, well-manicured, gated golf course homes in Biltmore Estates, to Mediterranean Revivals in the Encanto-Palmcroft Historic District; the distinctive tastes of Phoenix area homes are undeniable. As a Phoenix Real Estate agent, I enjoy helping people look for homes that specifically match their style so that they feel completely comfortable in the Phoenix home they choose.
While buying a Phoenix home is a large decision, taking time to explore your options and making an offer this holiday season could prove to be one of the best purchases of the season! Here are five reasons you’ll want to consider starting your Phoenix home search today.
1. Less Competition– Many buyers don’t think to take advantage of house hunting during the holidays, so you’re sure to avoid any bidding wars that would occur at a peak point on the Phoenix real estate market.This will mean a less stressful home buying experience for you!
2. Lower Prices– With the fewer people searching during the holidays for a home in Phoenix; prices soften a bit. You can view my website, www.JoeJanus.com, to see a list of my current Phoenix homes for sale. You’ll notice these homes are priced to sell and are a great deal for buyers.
3. Motivated Sellers– Sellers dread not being able to sell their homes before the holidays get under way. They’re very aware that most are not in the market to buy a home until Spring rolls around, which means; they’re motivated. They know showings of their home will greatly decrease, so any activity on their home is good news. Oftentimes they’re willing to come down on the price or be flexible with closing dates, and other extras.
4. Favorable Mortgage Terms– Mortgage lenders may be willing to lower interest rates or let go of some of their fees in order to gain your business. With fewer people shopping for homes; they will be experiencing a slower time in their business as well. Be sure to shop around to get the best possible deal. Your Phoenix Real Estate agent will help point you in the right direction.
5. Tax Deduction– Closing before the end of the year can mean you are eligible to deduct the interest component of your first monthly mortgage payment from your taxable income for this year. You may also be able to deduct any money you pay for points to reduce your interest rate. Of course you’ll want to consult with a Phoenix tax advisor to talk over the full details.
Hopefully, these five reasons will be what you need to take that next step in buying a Phoenix home. As always, I’m here to help and would love to answer any questions you have about the Phoenix Real Estate market.
There are many unique homes currently available that I’d love to show you! Contact me today to get started and you could find yourself settled in your new home before the new year!
Joe Janus, real estate agent and Realtor® specializing in Homes with Exceptional Style in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Paradise Valley, Arizona